WiFi doesn't work!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by iRip93, Mar 10, 2009.

1. iRip93

iRip93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi!

I jailbreaked my iPod Touch 2G 2 weeks ago... Everything was working fine also WiFi...

At sunday i wasn't at home and I took my iPod with me...

When I came back the WiFi at home doesen't work anymore...

I also tried to make a "Ad-hoc network" with my notebook but my ipod didn't want to connect...

When I try to connect to my WiFi, the iPod seems to be connected, but the "WiFi symbol" isn't there and I can't surf on the internet...

PS: I have a speedport w502v...
  2. ooogeezy

ooogeezy New Member

I'm having a similar problem. My iPod won't connect to the internet, I can ping the ip address and everything. Using my MacBook as a router (which receives internet via a Sprint wireless aircard) via ad hoc to share internet over wifi/airport. This has worked for me once, but it hasn't since.

BTW: I'm wanting this to work with laptop because I travel a lot and want a solid signal when moving from location to location and not lose wifi while using features like gps, phone (via skype), etc.
  3. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    enter ur ipods mac address into the router and allow it to use the network and it should work
  4. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    but he also said his laptop doesnt connect either, so it wouldnt be a problem with either one more than likely. it is probably a problem with his router. or even a ISP issue
  5. bodia619

bodia619 New Member

dont click the arrow when you select wifi click the middle!
  6. jockovonred

jockovonred New Member

reset network on ipod

after jailbreaking i experienced a *missing* network issue. resetting the network via the ipod screens fixed it for me.
    i know it seems simple, but sometimes simple is all that it takes!
  7. blootron

blootron New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the iPod touch 2g jailbroken, i just got back from london and now my wi-fi network wont connect, i have tried everything, i have rebooted, recharged and restarted and it still doesn't work. i have forgotten and then rejoined the network and it still doesn't work.
  8. juvenilepunk

juvenilepunk Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thats really odd, I would say restore your ipod see if it recognizes your WIFI then rejailbreak and see if it works.