Wifi doesn't work at my house

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mitchell, Jan 4, 2010.

1. mitchell

mitchell New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have full signal in my house, but I can't connect to anything. My neighbors also have wireless and I briefly got on theirs and it worked, but it is too weak of a signal and fades in and out so unpractical to use.

I have a netgear wireless thing, and my PSP works fine on the wifi and so does my Xbox live connection, but my ipod touch just won't get on safari, app store, and other internet stuff.

I don't know anything about computers, and I looked at the sticky at the top, but it didn't help. Anyone know of any fixes?

I have a 32gb 3rd generation Ipod touch, 3.1.2.
  2. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    on your ipod touch, go into settings, general, about and take the wifi adress and enter it into your router as a mac adress to allow it to use the wifi
  3. mitchell

mitchell New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How do you enter it into your router? Is that on the control panel on your computer?
  4. Deterrence

Deterrence New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Go to your computer Start Menu > Run > type "CMD"
    Once you do that the command prompt will appear.
    Type in "ipconfig" (without quotes). This will bring up a list of IP addresses. Look for the Default Gateway. That is your router IP address. Take that IP and type it into your internet browser address bar, and it should prompt you for a account name and password. This is usually admin/admin, unless changed.
    Good luck!

-Chris