Wifi doesnt connect automatically!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cfc_kevin, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cfc_kevin

cfc_kevin New Member

My wifi automatically connected to my network when i turned my ipod touch on, when i first got it (3 months ago), but now i always have to manually connect to my wifi, i connect by turning on the wifi (no signal found yet) then turn off the wifi and back on again, then it finally connects. Does this happen to many? Is there a problem with my router? I there a problem with my ipod? HELP!!!
  2. XtrackterX

XtrackterX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No one cares. Ask yahoo there more reliable.
  3. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    first set of Q: how old is your router? is it a wifi router? What brand? reset the router?
    2nd set of Q: what f/w are you on? did you try to restore to 2.2? did you try to reset your ipod settings? restart the ipod?

its actually called troubleshooting.
  5. josaru

josaru New Member

Try to configure in wap security for your router for me work(network name and password). When you configure you ipod in this form the ipod remember the network always and no need to turn on and off the wifi.
  6. DanM

DanM New Member

I had this problem, you need to uodate to 2.2 firmware and then everything works fine. If you are worried about not being able to JB your 2g, you will still be able to on that firmware when it's released.
  7. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    wow... first off... learn how to spell. second don't be such a dick to the guy.

here is what u do. do a restore. if u have a 2g, then upgrade to 2.2.1, because that won't effect any hopes of jailbreaking that u may have in the future. if u have a 1g, and it isn't jailbroken, go ahead and upgrade to 2.2.1, and wait for a jailbreak to come out... if it is jailbroken, u can try and restore to 2.2, and then rejailbreak... it may work out for u.
  8. cfc_kevin

cfc_kevin New Member

Thanks Sin Alter Ego El.