wifi disconnects every 30 mins?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cOde0010Joy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    The title says it all. An example would be: I have the GO!Manga app (of course it requires internet) and after reading three chapters I get no internet connection. What I do is press the home button and wait for the wifi icon in the status bar to re-appear. What's unusual is I timed it several times and it was exactly 30 minutes that I get disconnected. I think even using safari gets me this problem. I've jailbroken this ipod touch 2g a couple of times, but this is the first time i noticed this (I got some connection issues before). I've tried the KeepAwake thing, but for obvious reasons it didn't work.

any ideas? As much as possible I wouldn't re-jailbreak 'coz i have to re-download my cydia packages.
  2. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmm, that's ironic because the same thing usually happens to my iPhone 1G but it's sporadic rather than every 30 minutes. My iPhone isn't jailbroken so I doubt that has to do with Wifi disconnecting.

3. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Could it be possible that it's your internet connection that disconnects? I know that's unusual, but it could be your PC/Mac rather than your iPod.

If not, I guess a reboot won't do any harm.

And, of course, the last thing to do is to just do a restore and jailbreak again.

Good luck.
  4. korvmannen

korvmannen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It could be that go manga loads the whole chapter at once.
    So while you are reading, it doesn't load anything from the internet anymore so it disconnects automatically.
  5. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    might be possible, but I think that it is not the case. I'm using DSL and I have a wireless router; that's the setup. If I were to lose the internet connection then there still should be a signal for the network. As far as I know the wifi bar is dependent on the signal that the router gives and not the link/data the router receives from the line/modem.

Thank you though for the idea. It might also be possible that when I get back to the springboard from the app, the springboard still loads what to display that's why it doesn't show the wifi bar yet. It shows up when I open sbsettings or wait for a couple of seconds. But I use a laptop and a desktop and although I have a crappy connection, I don't think I get some lags that frequently.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yes, it does load every images when you open one chapter, but I also encountered this issue on safari...