WiFi Connection Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bstrick49, Sep 28, 2009.

1. bstrick49

bstrick49 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, I hope that some people can help me out with this one.
    I've had my iPod touch 2G for a while, and recently updated to OS 3.0. Then I got the new update, the one to 3.1. After I installed that firmware, a strange problem with my iPod wifi started.
    When I go to settings and view available networks, its able to find some networks to connect to (both insecure and secure). However, once I actually try to connect to them, it says that it is "Unable to connect to <network>". I've tried to connect to these networks on my friends iPod touch, and he has no problems. I had also been able to connect to them on my iPod before I update to 3.1.
    I called Apple about it, and they said that they would take a look at it. But, they refused to fix it because the water damage indicating strip was gone from the inside (who knows where that went).
    I'm pretty sure this problem has something to do with my firmware update, so today I was able to restore it to 2.2.1 (I had to download an old update and downgrade iTunes). But, the problem is still there now, I still cannot connect to any networks.

Anyone else have this problem, or know how I can fix it?
  2. ShAdY_rEcOrDsS

ShAdY_rEcOrDsS New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    restore again... it worked with my music problem
  3. bstrick49

bstrick49 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Restore to 2.2.1 again? You think it will get the wifi working?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just re-restored, still no luck with that.
    Is has anyone else had this specific problem? I've read about some similar ones here