Wifi-Connecter, but still "Can't Find Server"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mariposa, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Mariposa

Mariposa New Member

I have searched for this question, but I couldn't find a solution, so:

I go onto settings, and connect to my home Wifi network (Sky62224) and it is automatically connected.
    I then visit Safari, Youtube, iTunes, Weather, Maps, Stocks, anything. The connection will not work. The note that comes up on Safari is "Cannot because it can't find the server." or something similar. Yet it indicates full Wifi signal, and it has connected fine.

So far I have tried:

Forgetting the Wifi network so I could connect manually by typing in the password (Just kept asking for the password over and over again)

Reseting the iPod by holding the Sleep/Wake button and the home button for 10 seconds (No Change)

Can anybody advise me on what to do? Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also: Please don't bite the newbie =]
  2. bronco

bronco New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it has to do with a MAC Address filter on your router. I have the same problem trying to use mine at work. I connect to the wifi, but "can't find server". One thread suggested using an app called MACaddy, that allows you to spoof a new MAC address. I tried this, but to no avail. You should be able to access your home router and add your ipod to the allowed devices.

Hope that helps. Most people will just tell you to search, but half the time on this forum the search is disabled. Even when it works I can never find anything with it

3. Mariposa

Mariposa New Member

Thankyou Bronco. I will try to do that, I really can't live without my Safari for too long. I have no clue how I survived without it before I got my iPod.

And yeah, I did search, it didn't work most of the time, but when it did I couldn't find the topic so I thought it would be okay to post.

4. luigispinal

luigispinal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the sear button doesnt work very well.. i have the same problem, in my house the connection before connected, but we changed the mm.. carrier or something like that, and it doesnt connect now -_- the wifi signal is still high, but no connection..
  5. bk83

bk83 New Member