Wifi - Connected to network, no internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boemeles, Feb 4, 2009.

1. boemeles

boemeles New Member

Hello guys! Im new here, i know, i hope this is in the right place

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm trying for a couple of weeks already to get on the wireless internet of my school. I managed to get the wireless key, even found out about the proxy server.

When i use the wireless key (WEP) I can make connection to the network (i assume), because its showing me the wifi symbol next to the iPod text.

I've been playing around with every combination of IP's in the wifi options for this network, but i cant find it... Do you guys have any hints on how to make it work?

Friendly Greetz!
    Boemeles
  2. dyeung

dyeung New Member

Schools have multiple LANs, its possible this particular one you are connected to isnt connected to the internet.
  3. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Possible MAC filtering? =d
  4. boemeles

boemeles New Member

Thats brilliant! If i look at the laptops at school, they are connected to anetwork called Linksys, im connected to 3Com, that i hadn't think of this before!

Now i just need to start over and try everything at the linksys network.

I cant see it in my wificonnections list, but i can select "Anders" (different) to fill in which network im connecting to, right?

Greetz, and thanks!

(About the MAC-Filtering, I can't imagine the local administrator to do that, he's the most lazy person, ever)
  5. subjeckbadboy

subjeckbadboy New Member

all of like 2wire--- with last anynumber on it so anyway password is working here PPP0E or PPP0A