Wifi Cant Connect

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by steviemiracle, Jan 8, 2008.

1. steviemiracle

steviemiracle New Member

I often come across what are seemingly public Wifi spots but when i try to connect on my itouch it never connects. Is there any settings i should be using to connect to these

I can connect at home so know that wifi does work

Any ideas
  2. BlazeEdwin

BlazeEdwin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The signal is too weak so cannot be connected..

You'll have to sit down in a cafe or coffee shop or something like that
  3. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

Yeah, its the signal. If it is too low it shows the network but you cant connect. At my mom's place i dont have wi-fi, when i try to connect to someones network sometimes it is stronjg unif to last a minute or two, or wont connect at all.
  4. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

I'm often able to connect and get strong signals, but then there is no actual traffic on the line. It happens a lot. I think it is because people have routers that aren't set up for Mac addresses like the iPod uses. My Apple PowerBook is also having connection problems in many of the same places. PC users get through.
  5. steviemiracle

steviemiracle New Member

Ah I think that is the most likely scenario. Often there is a pretty strong signal, but it just can't connect. Im guessing there is no way round this
  6. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

Someone smarter than me once explained this to me in a Mac forum. There are apparently different types of networks and Macs have problems with one of them unless you manually input the surfing computer's mac address into a list in the router or at least configure something in the mac address settings.

Well... I cannot recap the technical stuff but it was something like that. I'm like not one of them inner lectuals.

Please Register or Log in to view images