Wifi bars won't show Internet won't connect

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by libarak, Feb 22, 2008.

1. libarak

libarak New Member

I have a 8gb iPod touch jailbrocken with 1.1.3 firmware. I have never had any problems in tell recentley. When I connect to any networks the bars will not show up and let me connect. I tried forgetting and then connecting but this does not work unless I am at home with my wifi where I have to it about six times before I connect. The others are connections I connect to on a fail basis but for some reason it does not connect to them any more. Any ideas?
  2. B1G_

B1G_ New Member

The same thing is happening to me, although I am on a 1.1.1 jailbroken iTouch.
    I don't know what's going on.
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Seems like sometimes the dhcp client gets wedged (thats the thing that requests an IP address and finds out the dns name, etc....)

Try a reboot?
  4. libarak

libarak New Member

i have rebooted many times and still no luck. I know a restore will help but is not an option because I have to much on here
  5. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Wow... Restore, or dont go on wifi. Although that may not be the problem, why would you sacrafice internet for some apps that you can get back on quite easily?

All your music and pictures, and videos are easy to get back on... Apps can be downloaded via installer, or you can SSH into your iPod and copy them to your computer, then put them back on after the JB, its about an hour for all your music to transfer back, maybe 20 mins to put the apps back on, then however long it takes to soft mod 1.1.3...
  6. libarak

libarak New Member

i have good news I have fixed the problem. If you force the iPod touch to turn off while under safari without a connection and then wait 10 seconds turn it back on. Dissconect from the connection if you still do not see wifi bars then recconect to the connection of choice. That is how I fixed it hope it works for anyone with this problem
  7. beezy

beezy New Member

how he gonna SSH without wifi, lol
  8. Jmjustin

Jmjustin New Member

thank you!!!!

i was having the same problem and now it works you are the best. ahhhhh tank you!!!!