Wierd unseen problem.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ka1a, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ka1a

ka1a New Member

Today morning I was messing with some linux and idevicerestore etc. and once PC just stopped reconizing it in Recovery Mode.

So I went back to Windows and tried there, same thing: "unknown device" I was pretty pissed already, then I tought im gonna try DFU mode... oh yeah, worked... well not really.I tried to shift restore in iTunes selected my file and it went to "white screen" but from that point itunes changes from DFU to Recovery and again im stuck on that "white screen". So basiccly I cant do anything. Also cant get this thing booting because its jailbreaked with ih8sn0w jailbreak AND iBooty wont reconize ipod either. if anyone got ANY good advice, please give me.

Oh and after it started messing like that now in linux it always restarts iPod when I run linux its on recovery, mode, bang, restart, bang, restart etc.
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try using irecovery/recboot. I'm sure it will kick it out of Recovery Mode. Or, kick it out of Recovery Mode Manually.

3. ka1a

ka1a New Member

Not that simple: irecovery says ipod/iphone not found, system just doesnt reconize it as and ipod. Also its ih8sn0w jailbreakd so using irecovery would help much. I know some computing so dont need to give me these beginner steps I already treid like thousand things.
  4. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im pretty sure that the above steps will help kick it out of recovery mode.
  5. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm sorry if I offended you...

But those steps should easily correct the problem. If not, and if you already treid like thousand things, you should seriously get it looked at by a professional.
  6. ka1a

ka1a New Member

Well im juts sayng irecovery is no go, first off ipod would need driver: so it would be called apple mobile device under device manager, mine is unknown device and if I force drivers then "device cannot start.
    It has warranty but since its jailbroken...

EDIT: OMG, I got it solved , I think it was PC hardware fault, todays morning I came back saw windows was installing some SD card new devices etc and thought should plug my ipod in and it worked like cham.
    Thanks for tryng to help everyone.