iOS 3.1 Widescreen MAPS?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mikedavinci22, Nov 25, 2009.

1. mikedavinci22

mikedavinci22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey everyone, it's been months since i've been here last and i have a major dilemma

i need a Google Maps-like app that'll work widescreen with the travel directions - but I'm on an ipod touch so gps apps won't work
    [unless you can point me in the direction of a gps addon below $30

Please Register or Log in to view images

]
  2. Maxtcc

Maxtcc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Maps which comes with the iPod Touch will do this, just manually set your departure and destination and leave it running it will do the turn by turn directions .

google earth will also work but you must screen capture the route to photo app

the new google earth says that it will port to the iPOD Touch but I have yet to do this magic.

2nd, you are jailbroken so you may use a bluetooth gps module and xgps software from cyndia.
    there are some good ones for under $50 . Mine is a HOLUX m-1000 and scores off 64 satellites for 1.2M resolution and cost $42. I have yet the courage to jailbreak but when I do this will be the reason to do it.
  3. mikedavinci22

mikedavinci22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok but my problem is i want an app that'll do widescreen- my Google Maps application only works vertical

any way we can rotate the app or find an app like that - widescreen is so much better in my car's adapter