Wi-Fi/YouTube/iPlayer problems [WNR2000 users please?]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Matt-09, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Recently my iPod has developed some problems with the Wi-Fi/YouTube and iPlayer.

Basically, every few minutes the Wi-Fi icon in the top left hand corner will dissapear, then occasionally re-appear. Sometimes, I have to turn Wi-Fi off, then on again before it re-connects. Other times, it takes a restore (pain!) or a restart of the iPod, then it will connect again.

Also, YouTube and iPlayer will play for about 40 seconds, and then pause and refused to play anymore (sometimes I wait for it to buffer a bit, then press play only for it to pause later)

To eliminate my setup, all my computers can stream YouTube/iPlayer fine (running XP and Vista) and my iPod also does this on a different network. I have 20Mb/s cable internet, so speed isn't an issue. I have NO issues with dropped connections on my wireless internet radio, 2 Vista laptops and 1 XP netbook.

I've requested a repair thing from Apple, but I'm wondering what they will do? I'm also really worried that they won't be able to replicate the fault, and I'll end up with the same iPod back in the same condition, with the same problem.

I was hoping the update to 3.1.1 would solve it, but no. Can anyone else say they use a Netgear WNR2000 without problems with streaming?
  2. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would say that it's a faulty WiFi antenna.

Just my 2 cents though,
  3. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks,

Anyone else?