Wi-fi trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cosmic Nacho, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Cosmic Nacho

Cosmic Nacho New Member

Hi everyone. As you can probably see im new, i got a 2nd generation ipod touch for christmas n i love it! connected to my netgear router within minutes of opening it n im always on the app store downloadin new apps etc. Last night though, it suddenly stopped working. It says im connected with full signal strength but cannot access the app store as im not connected to the internet.
    I tried searching n found the thread with a possible cure, the one where it says to enter the ip adress for google, it just times out, so it cant be that. Im getting really frustrated, i cant understand why it would just go off suddenly. My mate can connect to it with no problems just as i was. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Try resetting the router, and make sure the internet on your computer(s) work. Then try to do it on the iPod.
  3. Cosmic Nacho

Cosmic Nacho New Member

I unplugged my router n left it for a few mins, plugged it back in and its just the same. It works fine with my laptop and pc.
  4. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

call the company and tell them wats going on.. they should help u
  5. Cosmic Nacho

Cosmic Nacho New Member

They wont even talk to me cos im not using the crappy livebox they provide with the internet. Ive upgraded n bought my own wetgear router. Surely it must be a problem with the ipod or its settings?? Maybe if i tried it on another router.
  6. philwhitehead

philwhitehead New Member

I have a problem with my wi-fi router and my ipod. I have a belkin wireless router which is connected via LAN to 2 computers and I use the wireless aspect to connect to my laptop and PS3.
    I usually leave the security setting to WPA but have had problems connecting my Wii and iPod touch, neither will connect despite entering the correct password.
    As soon as i turn the security off, everything connects fine.
    I guess this is one of the many problems of modern technology - sometimes there's no obvious reason!!