Wi Fi through ad hoc

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J-rad, Dec 30, 2009.

1. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi.

I think i posted about this months ago when i was a complete noob with ipod touches but I am still unable to resolve this. I REALLY...REALLY...REALLY want wifi. I know its probably something most normal people have

Please Register or Log in to view images

but i dont have it. At the moment...when i want wifi...I have to walk to the local video store and use the free wifi there which sucks cause the video (should probably say dvd store) is built in a really old cinema and the wifi modem is located on the other side of a 1 foot thick concrete wall

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I found a mega cheap blue tooth dongle online for about 20 US cents which works great. I know about ad hoc networks on windows and was hoping the dongle would allow me to set one up and connect to the wifi through there but I have had no such luck.

Does anyone know how to set up a adhoc network and bridge the internet with it? Or...does anyone know a way i could share my internet with my ipod using only windows xp...a blue tooth dongle...and a ipod usb wire?

Thanks
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

you might have to connect the dongle (i lawl at that word every time) to your modem. After that, it should work.
  3. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its a usb dongle.
    The way I would think it would work...is you set up a ad hoc network for file sharing (which the ipod touch cant pick up yet) then you bridge your local internet connection to the adhoc network.

Thats how i would think I should work but it doesn't work that way so...i dont know.