Wi-Fi Reception

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rextilleon, Oct 16, 2008.

1. rextilleon

rextilleon New Member

Like so many others, I have Wi-Fi issues revolving around WPA etc. Another issue I have is that my signal falls off and becomes unreliant, once I move about 20' from my router. Where my Macbook and other wireless devices pick up a strong signal in the 80' range, my Ipod Touch can't. I even went out and bought a new antenna for my router, but it didn't work.

I am interested in knowing whether or not other Ipod Touch 2G users are having similar issues.
  2. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sort of...... i used to get better reception with my 1gen in the fact that it wouldnt drop the signal so often
  3. rextilleon

rextilleon New Member

Thanks, now I don't feel as bad!
  4. RFS57US

RFS57US New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have been having the same problems with my 1g, the signal drops off from full bars to one or two bars while sitting only a few feet away from the router.

I am running version 2.2.1.

Today, I walked around with my Ipod and a friends 2g ipod and watched the signal strength. The 1g always picked up the signal quicker and a little futher away from the router, but it usually only showed 1 or 2 bars, when the 2g picked up the signal it always showed full bars and didn't drop out as quick as the 1g.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have tried restoring and resetting and it still has an inconsistent signal. I have also reset the router.

Anyone know any fixes?

I only have a couple of weeks left on the warranty, should I send it back for a look?

Thanks
  5. Wiizz

Wiizz New Member

Send it back. Better safe than sure.

Remove the jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images