wi-fi problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deedee13, Feb 1, 2008.

1. deedee13

deedee13 New Member

Has anyone else been having problems with connecting to the internet when out on the streets? Sometimes I find unlocked wi-fi networks randomly and I am able to connect and go on the internet. However, there are other times when I can connect but I am unable to explore the internet. Does anyone know what's happening? THANKS!
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Well, it's probably not your iPod, and simply the wi-fi network.
    I have many wi-fi networks around my neighborhood that are unprotected, but simply don't allow you to connect. Also, if it does allow you to connect, but the internet still doesn't work, it probably means that whatever is putting out that signal doesn't have internet associated with it. It could be a wi-fi- router still turned on and pumping out a signal, but it is disconnected from the internet for some reason.

If you find networks like that, just learn to ignore them
  3. bluemike97

bluemike97 New Member

The ipod sometimes says it is connected when its really not. (I have no idea why though)

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. deedee13

deedee13 New Member

bluemike, yeah it connects and it even has the signal strength on the top bar but it still wouldn't work when it came to surfing the internet.

yeah thats what i was thinking too, thanks redshift
  5. koompi

koompi New Member

Sometimes you can connect to wireless accessories too. Like mice, keyboards, and printers.

Just so you know.