Wi-Fi problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by enoda, Sep 28, 2009.

1. enoda

enoda New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know this has been asked many times and I have googled for countless hours and visiting many past threads with other forums too and I still haven't gotten my problem fixed.

I try to connect to my router and I use my WEP and it doesn't connect. The connection fails. There is also no information whatsoever when I click on the blue arrow. I have also tried at my friend's place to no avail but we have the same router, a linksys.

I've tried:

1) restarting router and Ipod touch, i've done it in all the different orders
    2) taking off the WEP, making sure MAC filter is on/off, using different security type
    3) resetting network connections, resetting router
    4) Using static IP
    5) Making sure there's enough room for DHCP users or w/e, i've also tried changing numerous settings in the router

My router is back to default now and I just reset the network settings on my Ipod Touch again. Is there anything else I can do? Could there possibly be something wrong with the Ipod? I bought it from someone and then restored it to factory, the previous owner said the WiFi only worked when connected to the computer but that makes no sense and I've tried it connected to the computer anyway.

I could live without the WiFi but I'd love to have it if it was still possible.
  2. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It might be a hardware issue. Take it to an Apple Retail Store.
  3. Gringo Rk

Gringo Rk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have this problem at work we had access to the modem but now it looks like we are blocked out how can i fix that

i have wep key but it looks like useless is not connecting anythin