Wi-Fi Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by disdude, May 1, 2009.

1. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have been trying to get onto my school's wi-fi, but it's locked. I am POSITIVE I know the password, because I have seen other people's iPods work with it, and I tried a Nintendo DS with the password, and it worked. When I enter the password, it gives me a "Failed to Connect" error message. Why won't it let me connect, but for others it works?
  2. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Could be a few reasons. The most obvious one is that the password could've been changed.

Yet, if you can get it on DS, which only accepts one Wi-Fi speed, then surely you can get it on an iPod Touch (which I think accepts both).

I don't quite know, tbh. Is your Wi-Fi card dead?

Could be that something along the lines of encryption has changed. If you can get it on a DS (not DSi), then the school must be using WEP (which is the only encryption a DS can use). I don't know about the iPod Tocuh's settings, but if you can do it, you haven't changed the encryption setting to WPA have you? If so, change it to WEP an try again.
  3. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

Its either they changed the password, or you could just be in a bad spot. Try moving closer to like the main office when you type in the password.
  4. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ok my mistake it was done on a DSi, and where do I make sure it's WEP not WAP?
  5. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If it was done on a DSi, then it could be WEP or WPA, as unlike its predecessors, it supports both. Try WEP and WPA/WPA2, with the password you have, and as iHacking Expert said, try moving in closer, aswell.
  6. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm guessing what you mean by trying those different "password-users" is I have to make a custom connection.
  7. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't have my Touch yet (which is why I tend to lay low on iPod Discussions here), so I don't know what the Wi-Fi settings are like. What I mean is, see if you can find out what encryption the school uses (WPA/WEP), and use the same when connecting to the access point.