Wi-fi problem, please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by absinthium, Feb 27, 2009.

1. absinthium

absinthium New Member

I recently got my 2G ipod touch, actually, two days ago. I bought it to my cousin who bought himself an iphone. It used to work fine (he used him only one month), no problems, and it still dies with ONE LITTLE EXCEPTION: it doesn't find/recognize/connect to any wi-fi signal. I just can't see them. I've got an open network in my house, and i can't connect to it. Yesterday i went to a friend's house, and couldn't connect it, even if her own ipod touch was connected to the network.
    I tried everything, after trying with turning on/off al modems, i reset network settings and then i reset all settings, but nothing happened.

My cousin won't give me the money back because it used to work fine, and i'm aware of it, and he doesn't have the bill to prove the warranty because he lost it.

Any other things I can try to fix this problem?

(Please, excuse my bad english, it's not my first language)
  2. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try reinstalling the firmware that you have on your ipod try turning of your ipod and turning it on again another good software is called WifiTrak on iTunes for only 99 cents try downloading that helps you connect to wifi and finds every single connection go have a look.
  3. absinthium

absinthium New Member

Sorry but i'm a noob, ┬┐how can i reinstall the firmware?
    I'll search for the software in itunes, thank you
  4. china_cat84

china_cat84 New Member

If you go under settings ->General->Reset->Erase All Contents and Settings, it will restore the iPod to factory settings and everything will be erased. It will be like new. It will take about 45 mins to an hour for the iPod to reset itself. You can also do a system restore through iTunes. After the iPod is done resetting or restoring itself, just sync it up with iTunes and iTunes will install the latest software and all your songs/vids/pics/apps/etc. If your wifi doesn't work after a total system restore, then you either need to call Apple or go to an Apple store where someone can help you. If you don't live near an Apple store, ask your cousin where he bought it and try there. You could also call around to electronic stores in the area that sell them and see if anyone can help you out. Good luck!
  5. absinthium

absinthium New Member

I already restore it through itunes, after erasing all contents and settings and it still doesn't work. I think i'll have to take to an apple store.