Wi-Fi Problem, not DNS issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Animus.Mavet, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Animus.Mavet

Animus.Mavet New Member

I just recently bought an ipod touch 2g, set it up all fine, but it doesn't seem to be able to connect to my router. Every time I enter in the WPA password, dialog box pops up saying "Unable to join the network."

My girlfriend has an ipod touch 1g that is able to connect perfectly easily, my brother has an iphone 3g that also connects just fine, and my blackberry curve connects with no problems as well.

My 2g touch is able to connect to other wireless routers, able to connect and use the internet of some neighbor's unprotected network, but I really do not want to use someone else's network.

I am currently using a belkin wireless g router (horrible btw). I thought the issue might've been the passphrase but i added in a guest passphrase and doesn't connect to that either. Was about to change the wireless channels, but thought, if an ipod touch 1g can connect, then the 2g should work just fine. Is there currently some type of issue with the new 2g and conflicts with certain routers? Or is my 2g just thinking it's too good to connect to such a crappy router??
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    try and do a restore in itunes or buy a new router and hope for the best
    it might be something a firmware update can fix
  3. JAD

JAD New Member