Wi-Fi Problem, maybe a virus. Please Help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tafich, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wi-Fi: No: Wi-Fi

I have a lot of experience jailbraking ipods cause I have jailbraken a lot of them, but as you know installer is now dead, since the app store has been released, I don't know if this has something to do, but today, after a long time a cousing (girl... =S) asked me to jailbrake her iPod, I did it as normal with Ziphone, (I haven't tested WinPwn) so I started to install her things, and everything was going as normal, but since she's a girl, I installed some other themes beside Aqwoah, for example a Hello Kitty theme or a Zunda theme, I also installed the "KB" Keyboard autocorrection setting, Iphysics, Parking Lot SummerBoard and BSD Subsystem I think, so I reboot the Ipod and after that I test the Hello Kitty theme, then I go to installer to install some Iphysic's levelpacks, I add some of them to Queue and then I realize that it didn't find host, then I go to "Settings" and at the Wi-Fi option it says:
    Wi-Fi No Wi-Fi
    and the icon is turned off, everything in gray so I can't tap it. I already tried to change this on "General" and then "Network" but the same happens... I can't tap that option (Wi-fi not VPN), I already reseted all the settings and even the Network Settings individually and it still doesn't work, so I uninstalled everything and I just left Installer, BSD Subsystem which I can't reinstall cause I have no Wi-Fi and Open SSH (I don't have services so I can't SSH into my iPod, but maybe TotalCommand will work.)
    Any ideas? I would appreciate to hear them haha.
    Thanks. Restoring in this case is not an option because she has some valuable stuff.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It's not a virus... Unix is too secure... no one has made one. I'm guessing that something got messed up on the iPod, probly a couple corrupted files. Try Restarting it. If that doesn't work, you'll probly have to restore.
  3. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I already rebooted a few times, and it can be a virus, since IpodTouchFans announced like 3 weeks ago about a repository that only made viruses.
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    OK, guess it can be a virus, but it's still not likely. You'll probly have to restore.
    All I can give you.
  5. Marine Iguana

Marine Iguana New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can try Ziphone and click advaced features then on the far left click fix no "wi-fi" then perform actions and see if that works mate.
  6. Thorial

Thorial New Member

is your iTouch on 2.0?
    I had the same problem, what i did was i went to settings, general, then reset. click on reset network settings and it should work.
    Hope that helps
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Have you reset the network preferences?

Under Settings > General > Reset
  8. Boss Kamikaze

Boss Kamikaze New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    u have to reset network settings this happened to me