Wi-fi problem? (I did read the sticky)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IronHorse17, Apr 25, 2008.

1. IronHorse17

IronHorse17 New Member

I am having the typical " safari cannot open the page because it cannot find the server". My moms laptop works fine. I am connected to our wifi network with full signal, but there is a little padlock on ours though. At my freinds house there is no padlock and it works fine, but at home, with that little padlock, the pages won't load. I am thinking this little padlock symbol has something to do with it? any help is appreciated. I tried the 72. " " numbers also, and it said safari cant load the page because the server "stopped responding." Thanks for any help! Just an edit that may help; our router is a lynksis router.
  2. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

if there is a padlock it means that the network is encrypted.

You need the WEP key or the WPA key. If you have not changed the key than it should be on the back of your router. Just type it in when it asks.
  3. IronHorse17

IronHorse17 New Member

Thanks, but i am still stuck. Where does it ask for the WPA key? I have found mine on the router but I dont kno where to put it in on the ipod? Should i be in DHCP, BootP or Static? Thanks. I am logged on to the network, (i think i got the WPA thing right). There is a check where it says my router name under the Wi Fi networks page. Safari is still unable to open the page though.
  4. IronHorse17

IronHorse17 New Member

Update: I tried getting on the net now, and a new error comes up saying "safari cannot open the page. the error was "Operation could not be completed. POSIX error 12- cannot allocate memory."
  5. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

So your saying that the network your tryign to connect to is locked?

If that is so, you must enter the 25 digit password to conenct to your wifi network..

IF it still doesnt work after taht, try it on a different locked network..
  6. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

WEP and WPA are both encryption types. It doesnt matter which one you have except WPA is more secure.

You should be in DHCP.
  7. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

I was looking through the apple support forums and there are two solutions:

1. Try and reboot your iPod.

2. go to Settings, General, Reset, and Reset Network Settings.
    This will delete all the wifi network settings. So that you can enter them again. I have a hunch that your wep key was incorrectly entered

Please Register or Log in to view images

Read more here:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6637319
  8. IronHorse17

IronHorse17 New Member

Thanks! I will give that a try.