Wi-Fi problem at school

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nexus140, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Nexus140

Nexus140 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay this is whats happening...

I have my ipod connected to my schools internet protected by a WEP password that i have.... on my ipod i can connect to games that are wi-fi and play them on the internet and i can also use the Text+ app on there and it works... what DOSENT WORK is the Safari web browser and the yahoo App which really confuses me because if im useing the wi-fi for games and The TEXT+ app then why wouldent it work for Safari and Yahoo??? i already tried the Whole Macspoof thing.. changed my mac to the mac of a laptop that was connected to the internet and it worked fine... still dident connect to Safari or yahoo but still connects to Game internet and TEXT+ app....

Dose anyone have ANY clue what is going on here?? a lil help on this would be AWSOME. id like to use the wi-fi for a spanish dictionary so i stop failing that class

Please Register or Log in to view images

and yahoo to talk to other friends

If anyone has any idea of whats going on here id appreciate ANY help with this..

Thank you very much, Gary BTW Ipod Specs on the left <----------------
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Probably, Yahoo! is blocked, as well as any site you are visiting on your iPod...
  3. Nexus140

Nexus140 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no no no.. it comes up and says Invalid Argument or sumthin like that if i try like.. google or sumthin same thing if i try the schools home page same thing.....
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Like I said, it might be blocked.

I'm not sure though... Give it about a week and don't get on the internet.

At my school, I used to get on the internet daily. Then, it got blocked from my device for about a week, and I stopped for a month.

I tried again yesterday, it works great.
  5. Nexus140

Nexus140 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    could you still use text+ app and games internet and stuff while it was still blocked though ??
  6. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    on my schools wifi theres usually like a page where you have to accept the terms of use or something that pops up whenever you connect for the first time. Did you have this page popup ever
  7. Nexus140

Nexus140 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Nope sure dident havent had anything come up on safari at all yet... it just sits there on a white page and says invalid argument or sumthin like that on whatever webpage i try to goto
  8. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hmm well im puzzled lol
  9. Nexus140

Nexus140 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol yeh me2... well to log onto the computers you have to log into this NOVELL client thingy.... and i was thinking that might have sumthin to do with it yah know... but i dont know where i would put any of that info in for it but.... my ipod dosent have Novell on it.. i just dont know
  10. 00Svo

00Svo Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    maybe if you didnt play with your ipod during class you wouldnt be failing spanish...