Wi-Fi not working!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RKS117, Mar 22, 2008.

1. RKS117

RKS117 New Member

My cousin got an iPod touch a couple days ago and it's not working with his wireless router. He has firmware 1.1.4 (jailbroken) and his router is a Linksys WRH54G. It seems to be able to access the router, but can't go to any websites or download any apps. We've tried entering the router name and password manually, but it still doesn't work. My iPod cannot access this Wi-Fi router either and it works with other Wi-Fi routers, so maybe it's a setting problem. Please help. Thanks.
  2. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First check to see if your wifi is working with any other wireless devices such as a laptop. If it works for the laptop and not for the ipod touch, it's probably because the type of encryption you used for your wifi. You can't use wpa. You only can use WEP which is the one that randomly generated the 26 key password for you. After you set up the WEP there should be 4 26 character long keys that the give you. Just use one of the 26 character keys (yes... type in all 26 characters. It's such a hassle) for the password and it'll work. Don't worry, after you do it once, the ipod touch will automatically use that same password when you try to go on your wifi again.
  3. RKS117

RKS117 New Member

Tried it

I tried this with WEP. It didn't work. Even without security, it doesn't work, so security is not the problem.
  4. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does your wifi work at all? Did you try testing it out on other devices?
  5. RKS117

RKS117 New Member

Yep

I tried it with a laptop. It works, just not with the iPod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. BIGBX1

BIGBX1 New Member

Worked for me.

Just wanted to say thanks on my first post the above info helped me get my wifi working.This info was alot better that what I found on the sticky.

Please Register or Log in to view images