Wi-Fi not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by I-Paul, May 12, 2009.

1. I-Paul

I-Paul New Member

Wi-fi is not working on my iPod Touch 2G. I am connected to a network, I have full bars, but when I go into Safari I just keep getting a message saying I'm not connected. When I try entering this thread's IP (http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42331) into the adress bar, I get another message saying it can't find the server.
    I have no router nor DNS information on settings.
    Any idea?
    Thanks a lot!
  2. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Uninstall and re-install your router. Disconnect your internet modem then reconnect after 15 seconds. Hard reset your device. If all fails, could be a DNS problem. Happened to me once and took me 3 days to fix. I just went on my laptop which connected to wifi find, checked the IP and DNS, then noticed neither matched the info on my phone. My phone had the router's IP but not the actually internet. I re-installed my router, detached my modem, hard reset my phone, changed the port on my router (from internet slots 1-4 to anything other than what it was previously on) and it started working. Not sure if this helps. But you say it doesn't have router or DNS info...I think perhaps its just not connecting because your router/modem needs to be reset/reinstalled. Google it up and you should be able to find a lot of info that might help. That's how I fixed mine.