Wi-fi not working (i did read the sticky already)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kgong004, Apr 20, 2008.

1. kgong004

kgong004 New Member

my ipod finds the wifi server at my house as normal but it cannot connect giving me the error:
    "unable to join the network 'WLAN'"
    i don't understand why this randomly happened as my house wireless has been working ever since i got my ipod without any problems.
    i haven't tried the wi-fi yet on any other server yet other than my house one

but it was working this very morning!

i've tried restarting ipod, resetting network settings, and "forgetting" the wireless server
    i have 1.1.4 and it is jailbroken but i've never had issues before (it's not an iphone, just touch)

help appreciated
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ziphone has been known to mess up wi fi - so i suggest restoring and re jailbreaking using ipodtouchmaster05 method or iliberty

hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

dont use ipodtouchmasters .
    use iliberty .
    or pwn your ipod and upload a custom pre-jailbroken firmware
  4. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I kinda have a similar problem, except i've determined now that the problem is with my router and not my iPod...

Okay so... my router was working PERFECTLY up until i left for vacation about a couple weeks ago, but when i came back and turned everything back on... THE WIRELESS DOESNT WORK!!!

It literally doesnt even show up in the list of available networks... (well actually once in awhile it does on my ipod touch but then when i try to join it doesnt let me)

I'm really confused and i really wanna jailbreak my replacement iPod tonight but i need Wi-Fi to do it so... PLEASE... anyone that can help...

The router is a Linksys WRT150N (wireless-N router)

**I know this is just like a random post, but rather than starting a whole new thread, i figured i would just bring this one back since the title suits my problem perfectly...
  5. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

try connecting another device such as a laptop to your router. otherwise log into your router and make sure someone didnt change the password.
  6. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yup i already logged into the router and made sure all the settings were standard and whatever, but i didnt try the laptop thing (mainly because i'm too lazy to wait 5-10 minutes for my slow as hell vista laptop to boot up)... and i kinda figured if it isnt working on my touch then it probly wouldnt work on a laptop...
  7. golfrguy7

golfrguy7 New Member

Same problem here guys. My touch won't join my Wifi network at home. It worked fine for months and just stopped one day. I have a Netgear wireless b/g router. I was running 1.1.2 jailbroken when it stopped. Since then, I've reset my router many times, disabled security on my router, reset my cable modem, reset all settings on my touch, restored my touch to 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.4 FW's and none of them have made a bit of a difference. My network shows up on my ipod but I get the "unable to join network" error. However, I've determined the router is not my problem, MAC address filtering is off. As is WEP encryption or any security. Also, other devices can connect and fully use my network fine. Help!
  8. kgong004

kgong004 New Member

thanks for feedback
    i actually got mine fixed just be turning off my internet/router for a few minutes and turning it back on

after that, the wi-fi worked fine..hope this else others!
  9. whassuo

whassuo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

try resetting the router and then reloading it all, that should fix it

----------------
    Now playing on Windows Media Player: The All-American Rejects - Dance Inside
    via FoxyTunes