Wi Fi network connected, but Safari cant open the page

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dukeidude, Nov 11, 2007.

1. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hey guys, i have connected to my wireless internet linksys thing and i have the correct IP address and WEP key, but Safari keeps giving me problems by saying that it cant find the server. Also, when im using Winscp, i use the correct IP address of my wireless internet, and it keeps trying to connect but either runs out of time to connedct or cant find it. Any help please?
  2. domenic72

domenic72 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What I had to do to get this working is goi into the wireless settings on the touch and change my dns entry from my usual ISP dns addresses to my router default ip which should be 192.168.1.1 for you rlinksys router.

Hope this does the trick for you!
  3. dches331

dches331 New Member

thanks, that helped for me
  4. sizzle71

sizzle71 New Member

Same here im getting pissed
  5. sizzle71

sizzle71 New Member

im thinking about trying this but will effect me if it dioesn't work and will it go back to normal?
  6. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

As far as WINSCP, you said you used the IP of your wireless internet which i would assume you mean your computers IP. If so, you need to be using the IP address of your Touch.
  7. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    yeah, I'm using my touch's IP and its still not working, how do I change the IPbS?
  8. Cam98

Cam98 New Member

im using my home wireless thing...and when im connected to wifi youtube or safari dont work...i did what the guy in second post said..find router ip and put it in dns or what ever....still dont work..

help plz.
  9. Asken

Asken New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i had that problem when i came home to a friend but then i tap the blue botton on the right side of the "wifi network" then scroll down and then tap "renew lease", if the ip adress is 169.254... something try that. it works for me, and then my ip adress became 192.168... it the same thing you do on your computer releas/renew.
  10. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

mine is stuck at 168.254.13.167 which it should not be... ive restored... renewed lease and did the forget network thing several times... frustrating