Wi-Fi Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by McJanglez, Jul 1, 2009.

1. McJanglez

McJanglez New Member

I recently downloaded and installed the 3.0 software update for my iTouch 2g.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And everything went smoothly, EXCEPT that my wifi disconnects and reconnects, literally no joke, every 5-10 seconds!

I’ve seen that many other people have had this problem also but is there a known solution?

Thanks for your time.
  2. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Yeah no one can really tell if it's just more accurate or just messed up, hopefully the 3.1 software update fixes this and other problems, by the way I like your boobs lol.
  3. McJanglez

McJanglez New Member

Ok thank you, this is the first i have heard of a 3.1 update, any word on it's release date?
  4. iP0DT0UCH 2G

iP0DT0UCH 2G New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When I upgraded to 3.0 on my iPod Touch 2G, i also have encountered some Wi-Fi issues. One of them is my Wi-Fi is extremely slow even tho I am sitting right next to my router. Also the disconnecting problem you are having.
  5. nyukeit

nyukeit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, WiFi does have some issues with the 3.0 upgrade. Dodgy connectivity is the biggest prob. But I think every 5-10 seconds is way too irritating and unusual and weird actually. Why don't you try re-restoring again. And maybe check with friend's WiFi or somewhere else, just to make sure about everything.
  6. bennybut

bennybut New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Wifi 3.0

Hi

I thought the problem was my Wifi Trak app, now i have the updated app for 3.0 I can only connect to my own wifi network and no other????

I did read a note which said "don't upgrade until the patches are rolled out" so true, wish i read this first...

7. McJanglez

McJanglez New Member

alright thanks guys i think i am going to return to 2.2.1....for now maybe...because this is ridiculous