wi-fi issues with linksys?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by edisonho1990, Nov 3, 2007.

1. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

hi, i have linksys wireless router i go to the setting and enter password "admin" and i enter and then wi-fi connects. on the top of the screen i see i'm getting a full signal but when i enter safari or youtube it says it won't load :S does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. ricecook

ricecook New Member

is your router have wep or any other security ??wep and other security generate codes that have letters and numbers on it ..are you sure you got the hex code it produce..?
  3. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

my interenet has a wep but it never works when i type that password, but i'm not sure wat do u mean sorry i no nuttin bout networking
  4. fletcher1313

fletcher1313 New Member

i get the same thing i have the same router!!
  5. ricecook

ricecook New Member

reset the routers make sure they have no security on it see if that works?? Make sure you wire the eternet cables were there supose to be and have a good connection
  6. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

thanks man i'll try that, but before i must ask will resetting the router make me unable to access interent?
  7. ricecook

ricecook New Member

No it don't ..make sure dont put and wep or other security on it.. To see if the router works..if it dose work maybe you not typeing the right password
  8. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

ok how do i reset my router? xD

on the "username" and "password" wat do i enter? and when it tells me to connect to the ethernet which one do i connect to? or is it already connected?

thanks alot
  9. ricecook

ricecook New Member

didnt your router came with the cd so you can program it?? you need to unplug it first then put the cd to reprogram it then its going to say if you want securtiy on ..just put no for now..
  10. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Keep in mind that when you're entering your passphrase for the wep on your Touch, you need to use the HEX code that was generated in the router. Not just the plaintext password.

-Jeff