Wi-fi Help plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yerandy, Feb 17, 2008.

1. yerandy

yerandy New Member

does anyone know why my touch says it cant find the sever to my wirless router, i dont know what to do or what the problem is i dont thing its my router b/c im on my laptop and the wirless is working fine but idk if its the ipod as it coonects to an outside router.... anyone know how to fix it??
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Check if your DNS is the same as your router's.
  3. yerandy

yerandy New Member

wha dns and how can i check my routers dns
  4. Ejizzle4550

Ejizzle4550 New Member

well, if your wireless internet works with your laptop, i cant think of too many reasons why your ipod wouldnt be able to connect. try using services to turn off your wifi, then turn it back on. it will restart the ipods wifi conection. Also, what do you mean when you say that your ipod can connect to outside routers. like you have connected to other wireless routers? also, in your wifi settings, can you see you router on the list of wifi networks??
  5. yerandy

yerandy New Member

it connects to outside (other router) but it has a very week signal and yea it comes up on my wi fi as an option but when i choose it and try going on safari it says cant find server
  6. yerandy

yerandy New Member

someone plz help me im so frustrated
  7. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

you should look up your router online and/or find the manual for it that tells you how to look for the DNS. If I'm not mistaken, DNS number should be the same as the numbers you type into your web browser to configure your router. checking your ipod's dns is easy as goign to settings>wifi>and touch the blue arrow right next to the router that you want to connect to.