Wi-fi bug?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Muffin15, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hello everyone
    well, since getting my ipod shortly after they were first released, i've noticed that the wi-fi hardly connects to anything i'm not right next to, even if it says it connects
    it seems to me, and it may be quite obvious to everyone else "shrug" that the ipod touch 1G doesn't receive wifi nearly as well as the 2G or something else such as the PSP
    however, regardless, i don't think its normal for it to say its connected to a wifi network and then when i go open up safari it tells me its not
    has anyone else experienced the same thing? or am i just unlucky?
  2. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    There seems to be many issues with Wifi on the iPod touch. I guess I got lucky, as I have not had a single problem yet.
    Try restoring your iPod. If that doesn't work, have your iPod replaced by Apple.
  3. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm having the same problem! Ever since i updated to 2.2 it seems my wifi has been really unreliable. Before, though, it would always stay connected. My router is literally 4 feet away any where i go in my room and it used to always be full bars, before i switched to 2.2. Now it disconnects when it feels like it. Its so frustrating.
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah
    i think i'm gonna try to get my hands on a 2g after a jailbreak is released cause its a pain to only be able to have reliable internet at home when half the point of the device is to stay connected outside of your home
  5. Robm32GB

Robm32GB New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I read on another site that the iPod works better with 802.11g routers than 802.11b routers. I have a 2G touch running v2.2 but can someone tell me what would need to be jailbroken on it? I am new to the iPod world since I got mine as an xmas present from my wife.
  6. comps

comps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I found this problem was occuring as well. But the 2.2 software helped me. Try buying a better router.