Wi-Fi antenna really Bad???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Profete162, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Profete162

Profete162 New Member

( sorry i am a french user, i ll do my best to explain what i want in a correct english)

Hi!

I was very suprised ( in a bad way unfortunately) to see that my Ipod Touch and my Mac Mini where very poor to get the wifi networks!

I made this little experiment to show you that Apple is so bad for wifi detection!
    I created a wifi network on my Mac Mini ( i have only RJ45 internet connexion end no wifi modem in my house!)

My Siemens Computer with Windows::

It make a wonderful work! I can see 3 networks:

1) My mac on which a created a wifi network ( full reception because it is in the same room)
    2) Tyson : The network of my neighbourg
    3) Linksys: i don t know where it came from! but that's not the purpose lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

My Ipod Touch

First deception: only one network on 3!!! what the hell!!!
    Second deception : the reception is not so good! even if i drop it on the mac that emitthe Wifi!!!

Le Mac
    Same deception: it get only his network!

So what is the conclusion???

Mac products are so bad or what??? Please help me y really need advice

2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Windows picks up signals which are so weak that you can't get benefits from them.
    Mac disregards these, because they're simply not powerful enough to run an internet connection from.
  3. Profete162

Profete162 New Member

Totally false!!!

I get really good benefits from the linksys network!!! I don t know where it came from but i use it to download big files because my download amout is limited!!

I really would like to get this network on my mac!!! I am so happy to have it on Windows!
  4. Mentok

Mentok New Member

I'm glad this thread is here, saved me the hassle of making one. I've also noticed that it's not great at picking up wifi.

I stand in the same room as my PS3, which is connected to my router, and the touch isn't picking up the network.

Is there anything at all that can be done to improve it's connectivity?
  5. Profete162

Profete162 New Member

I posted the same post in a french forum.

The reaction is always the same: Ipod touch ( most of the unhappy users get a second generation Ipod - it seems that the first generation is better ) has always a poor wifi reception!

I compare my ipod Touch with 3 Blackberry users ( i would like to compare with IpodTouch first generation ) and that is the conclusion: Ipod touch is so bad for wifi detection compare to other mobile device!!!
  6. dean11

dean11 New Member

if the touch is not even recognising the network you most likely have the network hidden, you can change it on your pc
  7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My 1st gen touch picks up wifi great. I can walk about 200 yards to my Moms house and I still pickup my wifi. Signal will allow you to check mail or surf, but times out if you try to d/l anything.
  8. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree with the above poster. My 1G Touch gets great reception.
  9. Profete162

Profete162 New Member

as I said in post #5 and some topics in a french forum, it seem ( i am sure.. in fact) that the problem is with Ipod 2nd generation!

I ll try to do more experiment
  10. Mentok

Mentok New Member

It's not a problem with my network, I connect with no problems when I'm in the same room with the router.

and what's this about the 1st gen being better?

everything I read before my bought my 2nd gen said it was far superior to a 1st gen.

Why would they downgrade the antenna?

Is there any way to boost power to the antenna, even if it means shorter battery life?