Why???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by mmmbutterchicken, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mmmbutterchicken

mmmbutterchicken New Member

Okay i have noticed people using Cute FTP pro and WinSCP to connect to there iPods Why not use iPhoneBrowser 1.5.2.0? its the same thing and you don't need WiFi or open ssh to connect to it. also i think it looks and works better the Total commander too.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Well people don't use those because many people don't know about it. In addition, using SSH is kind of cooler, seeing as you can access something over wi-fi. CuteFTP Pro and WinSCP came out first and that's what people have been using.
  3. 5o-Pimp

5o-Pimp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    any link to iPhoneBrowser ?
    i use CuteFTP , but i keep gettin a error sayin, "server returned error" everytime i try to transfer anything?
    any one who know, why this happends ?
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Plus, iPhone Browser is windows only. there is a large portion of Mac and OS X86 people here.

Nevermind. I had never heard of iPhone drive. lol
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I prefer WinSCP, as it looks, feels, and functions exactly like an FTP client (because it is using SFTP). I also like the easability of running putty within WinSCP itself.

Plus, I really like the way t's set up. People just prefer different things.
  7. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    agreed, plus, i like to move around my house alot, so ill set up win SCP to send ike, a rom to my ipod, then go downstairs, and use my treadmil, while listening to music, or get it set up in the morning, then go wait for the bus....thats what i did for the 1.1.3 soft upgrade
  8. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Because I trust FTP clients much more than something designed to work like an FTP client. The former is something that a network admin would use, therefore it must be good.