why?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by zao8350, Jan 3, 2009.

1. zao8350

zao8350 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why are there so many what app threads? it seems like there has to be a better way to organize or find apps you want than this. maybe asking questions about specific apps or what not instead of "i have $7.84 on iTunes! What awesome games should I get?!" it seems like there are new ones every day.
  2. jd155

jd155 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    blah

Apple really need to organize its apps better. There are tons of great apps going unnoticed. And the fact that these people that ask cant go back and look at the 50 previous ones is... I think ipodtouchfans should make a giant poll thing where we can have our own top fifty apps or somtin. i dun know how theyd do that but it would be cool
  3. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that's not a bad idea, pass it on to a mod (who might pass it to the admin)

top 50 iPTF apps

thats not bad at all
  4. zao8350

zao8350 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that is a good idea. especially if they maybe did top 50 for each category? it might clear up a lot of this. excellent idea.
  5. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    100000% only ask about specific games, or differences between 2 racers, but I'm so sick and tired of I have $4 in my account, I got a $50 gift card blah blah.
    If you need people to tell you what to get, you obviously have nothing specific in mind.
    It's one thing to debate between 2 games, but another to ask someone how to spend your money.
    Do you walk into a store and ask the staff person what you should buy? NO! You browse (or do research in this case) and "look around". NEVER do you walk into Best Buy or Wal Mart and say, I have $50, what should I buy? They'd laugh you out of the store, and it's time people did the same here.
    Also, it's always the same response. No matter if someone has $2, $5, or $10. It's always Fieldrunners and Touchgrind, and lately Rolando.

We don't need a top 50, a poll or anything. Everyone has different reasons for liking games. None of us really know each other so to suggest a game to someone for no reason is just plain silly in my opinion. I personally think Touchgrind is such a stupid game, but the person beside me probably thinks it's the best, and that's ok. We're all entitled to different opinions, but we really need to stop asking people how to spend our money. It brings no value to these forums.
    And yes, it's even become the SPAM of these forums. Every freaking day, multiple times a day, just a different denomination, how do I spend x amount of dollars. Your moms should be ashamed of you!

End rant!
  6. jd155

jd155 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That was kinda my point^^
    I didnt really mean a poll im just saying that people shouldn't be asking us what to buy. Go to itunes and look at the downloads in each category and you get a good idea of what is fun and what people are buying. If thats not enough go download ign and pocketgamer from the app store which have reviews of games from the app store. And if that isnt enough go read the other threads about this and if that isnt enough go to downloads.com and look at there top app of the week or whatever it is. and if that isnt enough google it and research it.
    And if you still fail and think a thread that says you have 4.99 and you want a game thats fun well then you really need to get....banned(<thats so i dont).

or here http://kotaku.com/5023411/the-ultimate-guide-to-iphone-games
    or here Downloads.com top lists
    or here Top ipod games
    by category

hope these links are ok

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope that helps you
    Leave this poor thread alone
    though i guess you wont read this because youll be posting about what game you should by
    someone but something like this on the front page
    Please

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or get enigmo its fun