why zune is not for me

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by Twan013, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

i'm talking about the ZuneHD (from what i've seen), and the marketplace... The actual Zune is fine, but I like the iPt's interface a lot better.. my problem lies in the free pass deal.. you pay $15 a month for unlimited downloads, but you can only keep 10... This would work if you like to keep up with the freshest/newest music.. My main method for finding "new" music is pandora. and with the stations I create on there, less than 5% of the songs were made this year. I can determine if I want to keep a song about half way through, and I never download a song and "hope that it grows on me"... If I like a song on pandora, I just simply go to iTunes and download... and if I find 50 songs I like, I don't have to pick out 40 to trash at the end of the month... that's why I'm an iPod fan... it just irritates me when someone uses the term fanboy or apple-whore.. I'll never own a macbook unless its given to me, because I can't justify spending $1500 dollars when I can spend 600 or 700 and do the same thing.. anyway, i'm going off into a rant now... umm, so yeah, that's why I like iTunes over Zune marketplace.. no "zune is a knock-off piece of spit" or "apple = God" stuff here...

Oh, I forgot about the direct download that the iPod has... I don't know if Zune has this or not... and I don't know enough about the Zii Egg to give my opinion on it..
  2. njd911

njd911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you do realize you can buy songs in the zune marketplace too...the same as you would in itunes. Also you can keep those 50 songs the you got with the zune pass, as long as you continue to use the pass.
  3. TPedr0n

TPedr0n New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You keep all songs as long as you subscribe. You just lose all them except the 10 from each month if you end the subscription. its a good deal and I have an original zune so i know
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

Sweet! So you could download like 1,000 songs a month and keep all of them? When you end your subscription after say... 10 months, you can keep 100 songs? Sounds like a sweet system to me. I already new about it, but just wasn't sure on the details.
  5. TPedr0n

TPedr0n New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ya thats how it works so if u paid ur whole life u can have like every song ever made lol
  6. njd911

njd911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But my point is you can buy songs without the pass. for the same price as itunes.
  7. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

oh.. well I stand corrected. I thought it was "download as much as you like, keep 10, end of story"... BUT, can you download music directly from the Zune? or will you be able to with the ZuneHD? not trying to sound like a jerk, I just really don't know.. still though, the iPod touch looks more attractive...
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

You can download songs directly from your Zune HD over a wi-fi connection. How does an iPod touch look better? The Zune HD has an extremely good design and unlike the iPod touch, it doesn't scratch if you touch it. Just wondering why you think the iPod touch has a better design.
  9. TPedr0n

TPedr0n New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can download directly from the zune too, not just the zune HD but the second generation zune
  10. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

I just think that the layout of the screen is better on the Touch. But the zune pass... now that I know the details about that, it has become a consideration... Due to financial circumstances I can't get the Touch 3g immediately, like I had originally planned... So this gives me time for the ZuneHD to come out so I can spend time studying both before I make a decision..