Why your theme, app, tweak, whatever isn't on the repo yet.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SkylarEC, Jan 20, 2008.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

A lot of people have been asking my to add their projects to the repo lately, and i just want to put this out there so that we're all on the same page.
    Repo sunmissions are here and MUST follow the guidelines I presented.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25075

The reason I do this is because packaging for the repo is tedious. It is not fun
    1. opening up everybody's zips,
    2. reorganizing the files so that they are correct,
    3. repackaging on a *NIX machine (I use Linux now, but I am thinking about switching over to my Mac),
    4. figuring out the MD5 hash of the newly zipped package,
    5. uploading it to the server,
    6. creating an entry on the repository
    7. testing the download, and
    8. releasing the releasing the package to the wild.

Just because your package has not made the repository yet does not mean that I am ignoring you. The honest truth is that after taking those two weeks of doing nothing to the iPod, I am severely behind in maintaining the repo. And while packaging one thing here and there isn't too bad, I have a lot of work ahead of me. Doing all those steps gets to be very tedious. That is the reason for the new guidelines, to help expedite the process.

Very soon, I will be adding the submissions to the submissions thread to the repo. Then shortly after that, I will be going through the theme releases thread
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71 and focusing on the standouts.

And again, I'm not ignoring anybody, I'm just lazy.
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok i understand. i just saying... nvm sorry for a bad comment... i know you have too much to do... i thought it would be easier if you can just make an automatic a program that turns the zip files to the correct format for the repo test it and then you can just add the info and send it to the server. that is what i am tring to explain. (sry if i was not clear enough) and yeah take your time i know how much work that takes (it is just like taking 3 AP classes)

Please Register or Log in to view images