Why you shouldn't use ZiPhone 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Jakamo5, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Jakamo5

Jakamo5 New Member

I came across an article posted by "Bezman" which points out some amazing things. We all know that Zibri's code for Ziphone is much like a mystery meat. Yeah, it tastes good, but its a bunch of stuff that isn't his, mixed and thrown together.

Even more over, I had not known about the Fixed MAC address that Ziphone gives you. As Bezman points out, if you're on the same network with someone else who jailbroke with ziphone also, one of you won't have access to the network.

An excerpt about this from Bezman's article: "Now I know the Zifan-boys are going to flame me for calling it Egotistical, but it is, 00:5a:49:42:52:49 spells ZIBRI in ascii - what the firetruck!!!"

And lastly, Ziphone 3.0 claims to no longer require an NVRAM fix. But those who jb their phone with the software can no longer use NVRAM commands such as setting their bootup to verbose, etc.

Here is the article:

http://mytrini-iphone.blogspot.com/2008/04/sigh-ziphone-30-use-if-you-wish.html
    1 person likes this.
  2. warped88

warped88 New Member

Well, I can't comment on anything else, but I didn't have the MAC address problem.

I used my new Touch for a few days before I JB'd, so I had mac filtering in place beofre I used ziphone. I still had the same mac address after the process. Perhaps it only effects iPhones (unlocking) and not the Touches? Or, maybe I'm just stating the already known and obvious

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 person likes this.
  3. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    get that link out of your sig
    1 person likes this.
  4. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hmmm.....get that link out of your sig..
  5. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

yea, you make a good point,
    but get that link out of your sig so you can continue to make good controbutions without getting banned
  6. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Finally, someone who has some sense. Thanks for posting this. With any luck, it'll ween people off of ZiPhone.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Jakamo5

Jakamo5 New Member

sorry, i did not know we weren't allowed to have links like that in our sig, its out now
  8. immortal7792

immortal7792 New Member

what else can jb 1.1.4 besides ziphone. also does anyone have a link to an older ziphone
  9. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Use iLiberty+. It's much more stable, is faster and safer than ZiPhone, and isn't stolen. It's written by a group of talented developers that are active in the iPhone and iPod touch community.
  10. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ah, finnaly thankyou. This should be stickied.