Why you should use Icy.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by moabal, Apr 14, 2009.

?

Do you like Icy?

Poll closed Apr 19, 2009.
  1. Yes

21.6%
  2. No

35.2%
  3. I use it with Cydia

43.2%
  1. moabal

moabal New Member

RiPDev has blessed us with a great application. Even though the last few applications have been considered a failure, this application is really worth while especially after the 1.2 update. Here are the reasons why people do not like it. After a few updates Icy is capable of being your default installer.

We do not like Icy because you cannot see recent changes!

This was true with Icy 1.0 however with their updates, they have perfected their Recent Changes section and it is very persistent with each refresh.

We do not like Icy because it cannot view themes!

That was also true with version 1.0. However, people failed to realize that Icy is not web based when you click on a application to install. Icy is just a fast default page. So when you open Icy, you do not have to load Saurik's home page which is the web. Well if you really want to see a theme you can click on a arrow in the install page and go to the ad infested page where you usually download in Cydia. Icy combines fast and allows you do get done what you want.

We do not like Icy because it cannot show us how much space we have!

Still true, and probably will always be true. But to me thats one stupid excuse not to use it. Its an easy trade off.

We do not like Icy because of the refresh system!

Manual or not, it runs in the background thus getting rid of horrible wait with Cydia. Now Icy refreshes automatically after an hour of mis use. Now this may not be likable to everyone. I have talking to RiPDev on Twitter. They are working out setting to allow us to refresh when we want. For example if you like refreshing every time you go in Cydia there is an option to refresh every time. This should be coming out this weekend as RiPDev told me they love doing updates every week. So not only do you get it in the background, but soon you can always be updated on the go.

There is no reason not to use Icy, even without its completely automatic refreshes. The update system is much more sufficient. I just hate to see people complain and not know what they are saying. People need to use it. When they do it will enable more competition and thus the final outcome are better applications for the community.

Tell me what you think of Icy. I want you to understand how it works.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So what's the going rate you're offering them?
  3. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Personally I Love Icy, It's fast, smooth and sleek.
  4. moabal

moabal New Member

What you mean? Something out of 10?
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As in, how much did you ask them for?
  6. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

I use it my self. I like it very much i don't need to view the themes because i look them up on google before i download them. So i like icy very much
  7. moabal

moabal New Member

AH I get it. No.. we are blessed. Their last applications sucked. I am thankful that we actually have a good application. I am a real person and a real supporter.
  8. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LIAR you are a robot
  9. moabal

moabal New Member

No? Why can't someone like an application and show why its better?
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator