Why you should not buy Snow Leopard on August 28th

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Duykur, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Don't have time for a long post, but this should give you an idea.

Remember Vista? Remember all the horror stories that happened when it launched? Remember the countless professionals denouncing it as extremely buggy and sometimes unusable? If you do, then you should already know that you should not buy a major operating system on the day of the launch.

Countless bugs, errors and potentially system crippling problems may occur from a poorly tested OS, and these can leave you without a computer for several weeks as a patch is worked on.

This is also problematic because most of the Vista bugs happened on computers that where upgraded, which means that the original information was still on the computer. Major software problems forced users to wipe the system clean, causing loss of data.

My suggestion is to wait a few days, and see what the reports are of bugs and glitches, and if you deem that there is not significant risk, then buy the OS. I personally will be waiting 1 "one" week.

PS: I know what kind of an effect this kind of behavior will have on the business aspect, if there are miniscule sales in the first week, and as i have a significant amount of "FAKE" money invested in apple, I will only publish this here.

EDIT: If the mods could move this to the Snow Leopard Section, it would be greatly appreciated
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I doubt that SL will have the same problems as Vista.
  3. Duykur

Duykur Banned

But there is still a risk
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Apple isnt stupid like that... and people that have it currently (pirates) say that it works great.
  5. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I doubt anything like Vista will happen again...
  6. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ok. I see your point, But have you heard about any problems with blakes mac on sl? What about abcsmaj? What about jpga13? he hasnt reported problems? So whats to worry about? Nothing. I have it preorderd and will back up before installing but i will install with in the first week of having the disk.
  7. Amelia_

Amelia_ Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Very simply: It won't be buggy. Leopard is an extremely stable operating system and snow leopard just builds on an already advanced OS.
  8. Duykur

Duykur Banned

You people are missing the point, ever major operating system release has come with many problems, Vista, 3.0, Leopard, even as far back as XP. These vary from kind to kind. Vista and leopard caused some programs to stop working. Some of these programs where required for people's work or school. Thats why you should know the problems before jumping in.
  9. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I dont think Snow Leopard is a major increment from Leopard.
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Snow Leopard is not a Major Operating System release.