why would you want to download Linux?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by leoeggebrecht, Jun 16, 2008.

1. leoeggebrecht

leoeggebrecht New Member

I have an iPod touch and I was going through new apps to download and one I downloaded was was an app from fanboy that had like 5 different apps within itself. Now one of the apps was called Linux and I am not sure why I would want Linux on myipod touch so I didn't click it. Regardless, I am a nub when it comes to this crap so someone please school me on this whole situation.

Thanks.
  2. Jj--1992

Jj--1992 New Member

If its the same app that im thinking of, its just a application that pretends to be installing Linux so you can "fool your mates"
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would assume you are talking about OneFan.... yeah I know. It's dumb don't download it. It is just a progress bar saying hey guys I'm downloading linux wewt. it's pretty dumb. Go download yourself something fun or cool

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Brill301

Brill301 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think that was a fake Linux installer, Linux has not yet been ported to the iPhone....
    well linux is an open source os that has been ported to the computer to an iPod, I even heard of Linux on a microwave!(youtube it...)
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeh its definitely the app that tricks your friends. it is the ones where u can "install" macOSX, windowsVista and Linux Ubuntu right?
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My friends are too good to be fooled by Vista or Linux.. they only accept OS X
  7. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Linux installer is an app by onefan that pretends that you are installing Linux to fool your friends. It doesn't install anything so you can run it without any problem.