Why would I want to Jailbreak my iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lpark, Oct 14, 2009.

1. lpark

lpark New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't really understand this jailbreaking concept. Am I going to experience more freedoms on my ipod after I "jailbreak" it?
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It is amazing and I go crazy when I pick up a non jailroken device. BUT if u need to ask that question, I just don't know if u should do it
    anyway u can customize it, release it's full potential, it's great
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    the freedom to install applications that apple did not accept into the app store and a lot of tweaks...even custom noises(if you have iPhone or iPt2G/iPt3G)and custom themes...you have the freedom to install 3rd party applications (correct me if am wrong on anything)...it's pretty amazing to have a jailbroken app and then you show your friends that have regular iPod touch/iPhones and they will be like "whoa, how did you do that?"
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Really it allows for full, unrestricted access to your iPod/iPhone.

Apple locks down the device by default, and every single developer who submits an app for the AppStore has to follow very strict guidlines which don't exist for jailbreak apps, allowing for better features like backgrounding and modification to occur.

In short it puts your device into your control. It's ridiculous having Apple dictate what you can and can't do with your device

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. alspecial

alspecial New Member

right! Having spent all this money you're serious nn free to enjoy the full device.
    PS nn forget that it was the JB to make famous iPod
  6. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I really don't know. First question someone asks when I say "I got an ipod touch" is "Did you jailbreak it?".

No because I don't want any ugly themes that are gonna make my ipod look like some Japanese mp4 player ripoff, I don't want to enjoy sh*tty apps that didn't get accepted by Apple (for good reasons) and no I don't want to customize my sounds.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Just because you jailbreak, doesnt mean you have to do any of those things. There are other things you can do..
  8. iBiite iChu

iBiite iChu Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Then why are you posting here?
  9. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    to me, jailbreaking is about "making your ipod your own". I personally dont like skins that i've seen here. just something to do with what i like. I usually end up making all of my stuff, so modification is such a bonus for a designer like me.

Everyone has their own reasons to jailbreak, mine was to simply modify my ipod to make it look like my own and not like the other millions of ipods around the world.
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    agreed...

best post in the thread =P