Why won't my touch work on Macs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by man5, Oct 20, 2007.

1. man5

man5 New Member

So my college computers has Macs and i tried to connect my touch with the Mac and it didn't recgonize my touch. Those Macs are brand new flat screen LCD sexy macs with itunes installed on em' ofcourse. Funny thing is, they are apple macs and apple ipod touch. Yet they don't connect. How come? My creative mp3 connects fine with the macs and it's not even apple based, yet why not my ipod touch?

Another ironic thing is, my touch works fine with my friend's pc labtop. Lol, opposites supporting each other

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any of you guys know what is going on?
  2. Lee

Lee New Member

Dont shoot me down in flames but im gonna ask dude...

Is the most recent version of i tunes downloaded !

Wonder if your connection lead is faulty !
  3. man5

man5 New Member

I don't really know. It's itunes. Looks the same one as mine. It should be the newest version but it might not be. I'll have to recheck it.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    how "new" are these macs. i installed OSX 10.4.7 on my windows laptop about 2 weeks ago and when i plugged in my ipod it told me that "to sync your iphone with this mac you have to be using OS X 10.4.9 or better" i guess it still recognizes the ipod as an iphone. but either way i couldnt do anything until i downloaded 10.4.9. maybe thats your problem? check to make sure you got 10.4.9
  5. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

The latest version of OS X is 10.4.10, and the latest version of iTunes for Mac is 7.4.2 (PC is 7.4.3).

You'll need both of those for the touch to work.