Why wont "customize" work?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by boston657, Nov 24, 2007.

1. boston657

boston657 New Member

I installed Customize and two themes for it but I have no idea what to do. I click on the Customize app and it just shows the spicychicken address and a picture of a chicken before sending me back to the home.
  2. Shady IIV

Shady IIV New Member

I cant get it working, too.

I also installed the ipod customize fix and tried that "open it 30 times and it will work suddenly"-trick, BUT it would still not work for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. kclives

kclives New Member

4. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Ok, well first of all, you need to check out the forums before you post questions.

But if you downloaded the Customize application off of installer, and its showing a chicken, that is not the right Customize, that Customize is ment for iPhones.

Here is a link to a thread on the forums where the file for the iPod Touch Customize is located.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7011

Once you download the zip file, your going to want to open up your FTP Transfering Application, for macs, its Cyberduck. And your going to want to go into Media_zym (or some other 3 letter thing like sym or syp or w.e) and then go into applications, and then drag the unzipped Customize file into the applications folder.

Restart your ipod, usually restarting it isnt nessesary though.

If your using a PC, then you will need to find a PC FTP Transferring application for PC's. Cyberduck is for Macs.

Please dont hessitate to message me on the forums, email me (elmachotaco@gmail.com), or call me 206-719-5343.

Please let me know if you need any further instructions, its a bit hard to explain.
    But please send me a message as opposed to replying on this thread because i probably wont visit this thread again.

Good luck.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, Customize 1.18 (which includes the chicken) DOES work with the iPod Touch. I'm using it right now without any patches from here. Developer even says that 1.18 should work with the iPod Touch.

Program is just really touchy about starting up the first time (crash back to the springboard), but once it does, it works fine.
  6. Travey08

Travey08 New Member

how do you set permissions?
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got mine to work after trying to open it about 5 times in a row.
  8. nashballer

nashballer New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Known Issues in Customize

It seems that 1.18 is being well received and is working as expected on Firmware 1.1.1 and up. For those still on older firmware I have asked Ste to make Customize 1.13 available for you, until I am able to fix your issues. Here are some FAQs on the latest version:

I accidentially hid Customize and now I can't open it to change it!

This can be solved by installing a Launcher program, like XLaunch. Load XLaunch and load Customize from there. Then you can toggle its visibility.

Customize keeps crashing. When I open it I just go back to the SpringBoard

This is a known bug, and one that I am furiously working on correcting. To get Customize started keep opening it up. After 7 attempts it will load and then continue to load as normal.

That's all for now. I'm working on a site/page just for customize that will have a iPhone friendly forum for more problem solving.

Also special thanks to all who have donated!! You make this software possible!

-spicy

0 Comment(s)
    Customize 1.18 Released....
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on November 17, 2007
    After the release of version 1.15 (and the subsequent bug fixes) I have heard one thing from the iPhone/iTouch world, "We want Hidden Icons back!" Well, I promised I'd get to it in the near future, and the future is today!

Version 1.18 Updates

Added ability to hide applications.
    Reengineered the Drag-n-Drop interface to make more iPhonic.
    Replaced manual configuration with automatic configuration.
    Addressed iPod Touch issues with Display Order odd behavoir.
    Enjoy the latest update. I'll keep working on making it better and better. If you like the software and want to make sure there is more to come, please Contribute!

Thanks, -spicy

0 Comment(s)
    Customize v1.15 now supports the iPod Touch!
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on November 12, 2007
    Customize version 1.15 now supports the iPod touch as well as all firmware versions of the iPhone. Here's a breakdown of the updates:

New version of Customize (1.15) released today. Here's a quick run down of the updates:

Rewrote icon reordering functionality.
    Reorders icons on all SMB pages.
    No more alphabetical sorting (future).
    No more hidden section (future).
    Stable on 1.0.2, 1.1.1, and 1.1.2, and iPod Touch.
    Added some of Shai's beta features into main release.
    Removed the notepad customizations and put back into beta.
    Removed the Dial Pad customization and put back into beta.
    Added configure section to support all firmware versions and platforms.
    0 Comment(s)
    Customize v1.14, Finally.
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on November 12, 2007
    Dear all,

Sorry it took so long, but I have finally fixed the SpringBoard icon reordering in customize.

NOTE: THIS VERSION IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH FIRMWARE 1.1.1 AND UP

You can test the software at http://customize.googlecode.com/files/Customize-1.14.tar.gz, or wait for it to be released in Installer.app.

Enjoy, -Spicy

0 Comment(s)
    iFlashCards gets upgraded to iStudy
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on November 10, 2007
    Well, for those of you who have been waiting for it, the new version of iFlashCards (now called iStudy) is here at last. The much anticipated "Shuffle" feature is now available, as well as a new User Interface experience.

To switch from card to card now all you have to do is "Swipe" your finger left and right. And a simple double-tap allows you to display the answer to your flash card.

Coming soon to iStudy is access to much more flashcards...but I'll leave that mysterious for now.

Please report any bug reports to the new dev page at:

http://istudy.googlecode.com.

Enjoy! -Spicy

0 Comment(s)
    iCountDown
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on November 3, 2007
    iCountDown allows you to create multiple count-down clocks, and display the time remaining in a variety of formats.

Look for it on Installer.app or download it directly from the google code dev site:

http://code.google.com/p/icountdown/

Props to Scot for putting together this great app!

0 Comment(s)
    Fall Break

Posted by Spicy Chicken on October 24, 2007
    Just a note to let everyone know I'm still here, just consumed with some other work.

If you know Objective-C and are interested in getting involved with Customize's development, please email me at thespicychicken@gmail.com.

Thanks!

0 Comment(s)
    Customize v1.13
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on October 14, 2007
    The iPod issue has been resolved. Sorry for the trouble.

-Spicy

0 Comment(s)
    Customize v1.11
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on October 12, 2007
    I have released Customize version 1.11, which now contains rSBT inside of it, and works on 1.1.1.

Here is a list of new features:

Edge Icon
    Airplane Icon
    Alarm Icon
    Bluetooth Icon
    Header Battery Icon
    Lock Icon
    Loading Image / Default App Icon
    Hud Image
    Keypad Artwork (fixed)
    Calculator image
    Calculator LCD
    Weather Icons
    Weather Background
    NotePad Background (Skinning)
    I have also added two new image packages:

Dash Text Masking Images
    Designer2 Image Set (lots of images for new features)
    and I have updated the Default image set to include more backups.

74 Comment(s)
    1.1.1 and Touch Releases are Coming....
    Posted by Spicy Chicken on October 11, 2007
    All 1.1.1 and Touch hackers,

I am currently working on updating rSBT and Customize to run on 1.1.1 and Touch. This will be relatively easy for rSBT and slightly more difficult for Customize. Look for releases in that order.

Thanks to all that have donated!! Your donations mean a lot to me

I will be putting all donations toward purchasing an iPod Touch and an iPhone that I will dedicate to software development. (This way I don't have to use my personal phone for testing)
  9. slim8589

slim8589 New Member

Customize does work actually.

I'm hoping my luck won't rum out but I jailbroke using the tiff exploit several weeks ago and have had no problems so far other than with customize 1.17. That version screwed my iPoT and forced me to learn to use ssh and how to edit the plist (and I'm a total beginner).

I stayed away from it until 1.18 was released and decided to give it another go feeling confident that I could sort it out if it screwed up again.

Anyway the long and short of it is that on 1.1.1 it installed and worked first time for me and I have had no problems. By the way it does feature the chicken.

To be honest though I only use it for ordering the icons and I can do that easily enough by editing the plist so for me it's not that crucial but it is shaping up to be a good bit of software, big kudos to the developer