Why we will never see official Flash Player [My Opinion]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PieOPah, Nov 24, 2009.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I personally believe that we will never see the flash player on the iPod devices.

Why not? Because it will reduce Apples hold over application releases. Why develop for the app store when you can just as easily develop a flash application that everyone will use instead?

Sure there will still be application released, but these will become more specific to the hardware of the device. Any other applications such as games will more likely be developed in Flash and released on a website!

This is just my thought on the matter...
  2. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i hav a feelin we just might, cos the next cs5 version of adobe flash will support creatin apps for the ipod, n that might just become .ipas but that will still mean that apple and adobe might share a close bond n the rude apple ppl will just grant the flash player

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why on earth would that happen? If anything, that's securing the fact that the flash player won't come to the iPod. If this next version of flash can export apps to the .ipa form, then devs will have to sell their flash creations via the App Store, guaranteeing Apple the $100 a year dev fee + 30% of each sale... why on earth would they allow people to bypass that for free?
  4. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that is quite true, but i said wat i did jokingly