Why was 3.0 GM a little buggy for me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by sprint_user, Jun 16, 2009.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Okay, I just want to say I had a legit copy of 3.0 from friend who is a dev. He asked me if I wanted it and I said sure, I would try it out. So I upgrade to is and I started to notice a few things. I have an iPod touch 2G.

~When I open settings, it is a bit choppy when opening. Like when it looks like you are zooming into the application. It wasn't like that on 2.2.1
    ~When I swipe to the left to get to Spotlight, it is always choppy the first time
    ~When I boot, after the boot logo there is a black screen for about 10 seconds before I see my slide to unlock screen.

All these were still present even after I restored cleanly to 3.0 GM
    Has anyone else had these problems? Do you think it will be different when I actually buy the FW and upgrade through iTunes?

So right now I am back to 2.2.1 with no problems, hoping these probelms wont come back when I upgrade to 3.0 via iTunes.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    To be fair, I am not using a 2G iPod, (but a 1G), but I haven't noticed anything of the sort.
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Uggh, okay thanks for the reply, I hope when it is released I wont get these bugs.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This is the "to-be released build" so I hope for your sake it was just a one time thing.
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Same here, I think I am going to DFU restore to 3.0.
  6. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have the iPhone 3G and I noticed the exact same issues after I upgraded to 3.0. I just did a full restore this morning to 3.0 and all the above issues are now gone. The choppy initial Spotlight search was really bothering me. It's good now.
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thank you for your response! I just hope that it will be okay for me too.
  8. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh one other thing, when I restored I didn't choose "restore from backup" when the option comes up. I chose "setup as new iPhone" just to be sure nothing was left over from before. It works great now. A pain cause you lose your application settings and what not, but worth it for the responsiveness of the OS now.
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, I am on a 1G iPod touch, and I notice the same things. Also, I have noticed that (on the 1G touch) the 'clicky' sound doesn't go off as soon as you have unlocked it. Anyways, none are HUGE problems, but they are annoying. I am comparing this to the 2.0 release (read: buggy as hell), so so far it is pretty good, but yeah, these things are annoying. I give Apple a month to update 3.0, like they did for 2.0, and it will fix most of these issues.
  10. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeah I was sure not to do that, but I still got bugs. I am just going to DFU restore when it is released tomorrow.