why upgrade to 1.1.3? i have everything anyways on 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ska18, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so, i can get everything for free on my 1.1.2, i can easily customize, and do whatever i please with it.
    so why go through all the trouble upgrading, losing everything and fixing it all?

i really dont get it at all.
  2. dumbo101

dumbo101 New Member

I kinda Agree

I agree. I have 1.1.2 and im really satisfied with it. Does 1.1.3 fix any major bugs? And even then, I've been told that you wont be able to use Customuzie, Summerboard and all those others apps. And also the fact that Apple will be coming out with another update either 1.1.4 or 1.2.0
    Correct me if im wrong but i agree that its pointless to upgrade to 1.1.3 and restart everything over again.

THE FULL VERSION OF UNDERTOW IS NOW FREE ON XBOX LIVE ARCADE. MICROSOFT'S WAY OF SAYING THEIR EXCUSE FOR THERE sh*tTY SERVICE LATELY
  3. dumbo101

dumbo101 New Member

I kinda Agree

Sorry By accident i posted twice
  4. comthre3

comthre3 New Member

Well to I guess that with the jailbroken firmware u can use summerboard and customized u guess plus u got the updated maps and tuff. I wouldlove to c peap/
  5. opera

opera New Member

That's like asking 'why upgrade from Leopard 10.5.1 to 10.5.2? I have everything anyways on 10.5.1', and I don't think I need to answer.
  6. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

new maps features, webclips, home screen customize (much more convenient than rearranging icons in customize), i can get everything for free on 1.1.3 and do everything i please (And more)
    not to mention the bug fixes. and you dont have to lose everything.
  7. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    must say ive been thinking the same. i can see the benefits (obiously) of a JB`d IPOD relative to a OTB one, but what are the real benefits of doing it right now in 1.1.3? seems it gives you apps that are available in 1.1.2 anyway (mail and stuff). so unless it does something like make it MUCCCHHH quicker or something i dont see the point. especially when it seems that the main thing the JB does right now is make your ipod look like an iPhone. if thats what i wanted i would have bought the damn phone in the first place

can someone give a REAL benefit of the JB?
  8. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i think for now there are these problems that exist but i believe that later on these problems will be fixed and there will sure be an advantage to 1.1.3! Also, the ipod touch firmware 1.1.3 version is going to be released soon. The one that was leaked is firmware for iphone which seems to work somewhat on touch.. So let's see how the ipod touch firmware is and then figure out which one is better.
  9. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

mobilescrobbler, nes
    its not like you lose anything.
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Well first of all, many people want the novelty of having a new firmware and being the first to do it.

They can also get the new features according to this one post on touch podium by rearranging the .plist files in Springboard.

The new features aren't really new, they're just an easier way, and we like easy things.