Why the zune is not an iPod Beater...

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by UncleMario, Sep 10, 2009.

1. UncleMario

UncleMario New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hello there, after getting over the Enjnoyence by apple, i still prefere the iPod touch 3G to the Zune. Yes the Zune is Great Looking (in a way) has a great GUI, has an FM radio, Music, Video ect... and will probabaly have a better Sound Card. it just misses one more thing... one HUGE ENORMOUS thing.
    that THING is the Apps Store. yes it has games but does it have applications? can you peer to peer with some (Multiplayer). is it setup So Easily that all you have to do is Press home and tap on the Application.
    i would Completely Understand if some of you are fed up with your iPod touch and are board with the GUI and everything, but i reckon the Zune still won't be as good as an Ipod touch. the Zii, that looks Awsome, but i still won't by one. go ahead, by a zune, but just don't be disapointed when you can't use Maps or there's no Email funtion.
  2. AngelMayLaugh

AngelMayLaugh New Member

It isn't even out yet. . . And did the Ipod touch get released with an app store?

It smells like someone is butthurt and feels the need to take their anger out on an unreleased product.

u mad?
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Everyone keeps complaining about a lack of an AppStore. The iPod Touch/iPhone was still popular without the AppStore.
  4. Techjunkie15

Techjunkie15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea and microsoft has already confirmed that there will b an app store
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    every company has to start somewhere, remember when the first ipod touch came out? there was no app store, no one complained. the zune is getting an app store, so stop complaining
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I straight up dont like zunes and never will...and the zii egg looks terrible to meh...idk bout u guys but im with Apple till i die...(typical Apple Fanboy)...idc if this starts something...y cant technology get along lol
  7. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i dont think its fair to judge a device that isnt really out yet.

its a new device, and will need time to prove itself regardless.

but i wont be an early adopter. i wouldnt consider one for at least a year.
  8. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Personally I think the touch was garbage until I had to jailbreak the b*tch then it became something to actually use other than music. The point of the matter is that two different companies are making two different PMP which are used in different ways. Microsoft obviously wants to keep ZuneHD to being more of an PMP rather than a pocketPC which the touch has the ability to be w/ all the apps from the crapstore (yes, appstore is a piece of sh*t, minus few gems here and there) so to speak negatively towards the ZuneHD which isn't out is retarded.
  9. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    to everyone saying the ipod touch didnt have an app store when it was out but it was still popular:
    ill tell u why. was there any REAL competition?
    no
    that's why.
    now there's real competition and you need an app store asap to compete with apple now
  10. AngelMayLaugh

AngelMayLaugh New Member

We all know it WILL have an app store. It's just a matter of when. They are probably waiting until they have a nice amount of apps to launch with.