Why the Touch will never be an iPhone without the phone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPhondTouch3G, Sep 13, 2009.

1. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The iTouch is very skinny. The iPhone is depressingly fat. Please don't tell me that all of that fattness comes from a GSM/cellular network receiver. If an iPod touch had a 3.2 MP camera, mic, GPS, and whatever else the iPhone has, it would be a lot fatter. I wouldn't mind if my iPod was a millimeter or two fatter to incorporate more battery life or even ONE more feature. You guys expect too much out of something that thin.
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Exactly. If an iPod touch came out and it was as fat, but with most of the features, there would be massive complaints. It boils down to Apple can't please all of us.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It's not even the size that is the problem. It is the fact that if the iPod became to much like the iPhone then the iPhone would begin to lose sales. People don't want an iPhone with a sucky phone service. They want the iPhone for the ability to talk to others, have 3G, use GPS, and the camera. If the iPod had any of those the iPhone would lose profit.
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Very true... And I prefer the iPod touch to maintain its skinny look, rather than becoming fat and bulky like the iPhone, just because of the addition of a higher-end camera + other stuff...
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Also, giving the iPod nano a camera boosts sales for the nano, which for a while looked like it was left in the dust... iPod touch clearly taking over.
  6. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    GPS doesn't matter that much to me because I can read maps AND ask for directions (wow, what a combination!). A camera would be nice too BUT A MIC WOULD BE NICER.

A compass would've been nice too. Who knows when you're lost in the desert (or at sea) with no food and only your iPod touch to guide you to civilization.

3G connectivity would require a monthly subscription. So no thanks. Unless it was free.

Oil-resistant screen (like the iPhone 3GS) would've been nice too.

But come on, seriously. Would you really pass the opportunity to get a fatter iPod touch if it came with a 24 hour battery life (of constant use, just like the Nintendo DS) ? Think about it.
  7. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    People wanting a quality smartphone will still by an iPhone, and people who don't will buy an iPod. Idk how many times I have to say it. I honestly don't see the iPod becoming a replacement for the iPhone. As long as GPS/compass features stay on the phone, the iPod will have to go a long way before it "takes over" the sales of a phone. The camera for the iPhone is just an added feature. It wasn't intended to be the deciding factor.
  8. iMaztrr

iMaztrr Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I bet if u surveyed 100 iPhone users there would be almost no one who bight it over the iPod Touch for the camera.
  9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    The iPhone's disgustingly fat

Please Register or Log in to view images

it's barely larger then the iPod Touch Second Gen.

People are missing that-

iPod Touch= IPOD

iPhone= PHONE & IPOD

If you had to choose between an iPhone or an iPod Touch we all know *amn well it'd be the iPhone because when you've owned both you can truly know the difference.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

Disgusting, isn't it? How are you looking at that picture without vOmItTing???