Why the problems aren't issues to be concerned about

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bobblaine, Sep 12, 2010.

1. bobblaine

bobblaine New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Clicking during Recording:
    I believe this is a software issue. Even if it is a hardware issue, Apple most likely will not fix it by physical means. They simply can fix it using software updates which could turn off wifi once the camera app is opened, and turn it back on when it is exited. This affects nearly all if not all ipod touch 4g's.

Light Leak:
    This has been happening since the 2g ipod touch. It is even less an issue on the 4g since the screen is now glued to glass.

Heating up:
    All electronics generates heat. This heat is normal.

The only real issue people should worry about is if there screen moves and can be pushed in and out.
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm really really sorry, but I must disagree with you. I think that those problems ARE issues to be concerned about since they AREN'T supposed to be on the iPod Touch 4G in the first place. Everyone deserves their money's worth.

However, the issues that I believe shouldn't be issues are the ones that COME with the iPod Touch 4G. Like, male to male connector interference due to the metal housing and the clicking noise while recording with the microphone.

- Unresponsive home button (Defect)
    - Ticking sound when using the rear mic while Wi-Fi is enabled (Normal)
    - Overheating (causes laggyness, slowness, freezes, device becomes EXTREMELY hot) (Defect)
    - Freezing (Defect)
    - Possible change of DFU (Normal)
    - Light Leakage (Defect)
    - Metal 3.5mm housing causes issues with male to male connectors (Normal)
    - Inaccurate battery reading when charging (Possible software issue)
  3. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The ticking from the wifi could be fix by that update you said, but it wouldn't be the best, since wifi is required for facetime. If there is ticking in a video you record, there is ticking in facetime. That would not solve the ticking in facetime.

About the light leak. If you have it, you should exchange it for a new one. We spent a lot of money on these devices and it should not come with all these problems
  4. bobblaine

bobblaine New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i have a small speck that i'm not worried about... my 2g and 3g had the same issue

there has been a complaint about the home button being unresponsive?
  5. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I have the light leakage problem. I went to the Apple Store and they said they'll give me a new one, But I declined it saying I didn't backup my stuff. So basically if you have a lot of scratches on your iPod and you want another one, Go to the Apple Store and say there is light leakage, they usually replace it.
  6. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea. i heard that some parts of the home button works, while the middle is harder to push.

If I get a light leak, I am going to apple and getting it exchanged.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    That won't work, if you dont have the light leak issue. The employes at the apple store are not dumb. They will check your device.
  7. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    also its fraud. haha, which is illegal and not to be discussed on the forums. but its up to the almighty mod to determin your fate. but seriously they will check it for light leak. they may be dumb, but theyre not stupid.
  8. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea. besides why would I want to go to the apple store? I will only go if there is a defect.
  9. jacobimmugatu

jacobimmugatu New Member

I just recently purchased my new 32g ipod touch and performed a full charge on the battery. Ive been testing it with wifi,bluetooth, and screen off while playing music from my library straight through just to test the battery life. My 2g(from which i upgraded from) tested to just over 40 hours on a full charge with similar settings. My new touch ran just over 20 when the battery meter showed 20% left. You guys think the battery meter is currently inaccurate?
  10. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its only fraud if one is lying.