Why the iPod touch 4th gen is at best an expensive paperweight

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Amateur, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amateur

Amateur Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I advise the following is not trolling just trying to express to people interested in the new iPod touch that they should think twice before purchasing.

The ipod touch 4th gen is just a poor excuse for an update. I waited apprehensively for months excited for the ipod unveiling then all i find out is they added a camera that is worse than my first phone i got over 5 years ago and the famous retina screen which despite peoples tears of joy looks the exact same if not worse then the already superior 3rd generation ipod touch.

The ipod is barely thinner and the amazing battery life is only good if all you do is listen to music. The battery runs out in hours if the brightness is above 10% and you can play about an hour of games before it has to be recharged. They managed to keep the same RAM as the third gen and the A4 chip seems to be the only good thing about the device as now i can open games about half a second quicker,what an age we live in.

Overall the device makes me laugh and cry at how this pathetic attempt at improvement expects to sell. I strongly recommend boycotting it and waiting until apple realises that putting an outdated camera into a sub-par device is not going to cut it and they start trying to improve on previous designs.

Id rate it a solid 1 out of 50
  2. compty

compty Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually, i believe that the screen is much better than the 3G, i compared it with my brothers 3G and the 4G is much better. Also, your battery will drain faster because WIFI is always on unless you turn it off. Also the battery might drain quicker because of jailbreaking or leaving lots of apps open. As for the A4 i find it very good compared to my old 1G, it is much smoother and quicker. I dont really care if it is thinner or not. The cameras are alright, it would be stupid for apple to put in like 5MP cameras that are of a very high quality because it is all about marketing, they would get much more money because they can keep upgrading them so and people will buy them. Id rate it about 40/50, due to the battery but the retina, cameras and A4 chip make it worth it.
  3. smack43

smack43 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Get over yourself. If you don't like it get rid of it. Don't complain about a great device to people who like it because you just look like a moron.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Amateur

Amateur Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    chill smack i was talking to potential buyers not to apple fan boys they could sell a 10yr old phone put the apple logo on it and people like you would brag about how portable it is.
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This is potentially a great un-selling point for the 4th gen. The battery runs out in much less than an hour is because of the retina. Combined with the brightness gets you a brick.
  6. compty

compty Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i think this kid is on his/her period. lol
  7. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

You're talking about upgrading from a 3rd gen. While in that case it's not a big update, it is for earlier gens and people who havn't owned an iPt before.

It's still an iPod Touch.
  8. Amateur

Amateur Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ah i see apple fan boys/girls stick together and they dont wait to throw their A-material at you please spare me your humour is as outdated as the ipod touchs camera. Dont troll it doesnt make your d1ck bigger.
  9. compty

compty Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Haha your so funny, next time keep your opinion to yourself. And FYI, the reason why everyone else apart from you is glad with the ipod touch is because they like it, not because they are all apple fanboys and girls
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Oh you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.